It’s a no-brainer. Achieving goals leads to serious consequences! Some people might congratulate you. Some people might want to emulate you. Your self-esteem might rise. You might feel good. All undesirable traits.
To help you out in and keep you safe from these accolades, here are the 10 surefire ways to slow down the process and keep you from reaching your goals. Read on…
1) Never set a vision of what you want to accomplish. The fuzzier, vaguer, and more unspecified your goals the better.
2) Avoid taking any action – procrastination is key. Why do it today when you can do it the day after tomorrow?? Next month sounds even better!
3) Remind yourself frequently the power phrases, like “Why bother?”, “I can’t get anything right,” or “I’m not smart enough.” That will set the right mindset for the slow and agonizing death of your goals.
4) Continue to focus on what you don’t want (that is where you are now, which, let’s face it, is nowhere near the outcome you seek) instead of focusing on what you want, which is the result you’ll get from achieving your goals. You don’t want a hamster to get off the Wheel of Going Nowhere. Keep pedaling!
5) When you feel inspired to work, hop on Facebook or other social media instead – it’s a powerful way to avoid accomplishing your tasks. Many tried. Many succeeded.
6) Surround yourself with losers. We are the sum of the 5 people closest to us, so choose your crowd carefully. Seek out the biggest doubters, naysayers, and cynics you know.
7) Remind yourself frequently of your past failures and mistakes. They are great de-motivators that will keep you stuck feeling down, even when you’re ready to get out of the muck and try something new.
8) Reward yourself for your lack of vision, focus, or action by celebrating “Accomplished Nothing Significant Today” Days. Make sure to post it on Facebook so you can celebrate with others and lose a few more hours in a social media daze.
9) Create solid destructive habits and sabotaging behaviors. When you feel inspired to act, call your most pessimistic supporters to seek their trustworthy advice.
10) If the advice above does not yield proper results, it’s time for you to give up. Try reversing everything you’ve learned from points 1 through 9 and go after your goals. Heck, you might even enjoy accomplishing your dreams. Why not?
Founder, Unlock Your Success